Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Feet


This came to me through a blog that I subscribe to. This kinda thing should come naturally to us as Christians. I don't know what Zappos' motivation may have been, but as Christians we need to love and care about others cuz we are called to do so. I am challenged by this. Am I too busy to love others the way I should????? Debbie
PS: Aren't those taupe pumps amazing? :)
"This is my command: Love each other." John 15:16-18
"and is well known for her good deeds, such as bringing up children, showing hospitality, washing the feet of the saints, helping those in trouble and devoting herself to all kinds of good deeds." 1 Timothy 5:9-11
Donor Power Blog
Shoe seller shows the power of humanity
Posted: 30 Oct 2007 10:49 AM CDT
You may have read about this one, reported here at the Get Elastic blog: Good Customer Service Still The Best Word-Of-Mouth Marketing Strategy.
It's about a woman who bought some shoes from Zappos, then wasn't able to return them because her mother died. She emailed Zappos. Rather than stick to their policy, they arranged to have UPS pick up the shoes she wanted to return. Here's what she wrote in her personal blog about what happened next:
Yesterday, when I came home from town, a florist delivery man was just leaving. It was a beautiful arrangement in a basket with white lilies and roses and carnations. Big and lush and fragrant. I opened the card, and it was from Zappos. I burst into tears. I'm a sucker for kindness, and if that isn't one of the nicest things I've ever had happen to me, I don't know what is. So...
IF YOU BUY SHOES ONLINE, GET THEM FROM ZAPPOS.
Admit it: This story makes you want to buy shoes from Zappos, doesn't it? A company that can be that real with a customer deserves your business.
Here's what this means to nonprofits: Really getting it right with your donors sometimes isn't about telling them about your cause. Sometimes it's just being human. Sometimes it means breaking out of the box of brand and policy.
Here's a case where a customer had a personal blog, and the story has spread in a big way. But even if she'd only told her immediate circle about her experience, that would have been a lot of people wanting to buy from Zappos. The power of treating people right is enormous.
I don't have any inside knowledge on Zappos, but I'll bet almost anything that their focus on treating customers right also affects their marketing: They want to mold themselves to their customers' needs, not bend and shape and "teach" customers to be better customers.

No comments: