Tuesday, August 5, 2008

The View Co-Host Sherri Shepherd Talks About Her Numerous Abortions


The View Co-Host Sherri Shepherd Talks About Her Numerous Abortions

by Steven Ertelt
LifeNews.com Editor
July 23, 2008

Hollywood, CA (LifeNews.com) -- Sherri Shepherd, a co-host of the popular women's television program "The View," said in a recent interview that she's had numerous abortions. She says that she didn't began to change her promiscuous behavior until she became a Christian.

In the interview with Precious Times, a magazine for black Christian women, Shepherd, who is 41, said she was "sleeping with a lot of guys and had more abortions than I would like to count."

"I felt if someone killed me, it wouldn't even make a difference," she said, talking about how the abortions and other problems caused a low point in her life. "But God showed me that it would make a difference."

Shepherd upset her view co-hosts with the comments and they came up on The View at the beginning of Wednesday's program.

Shepherd says she faced significant guilt and shame about the abortions.

"I didn't know how to forgive myself and a wonderful woman at a conference told me 'Sherri, when you get to heaven all your babies are going to be there saying 'Hi Mama,'" she added.

"When I heard that I knew Jesus had forgiven me. She didn't print the whole thing and I wanted people to know that," she said. "I wasn't being flippant about abortions and I wasn't glamorizing them."

"I would like to inspire women who go through a lot of shame and guilt about having an abortion that I, too, went through it myself," Shepherd said.

No comments: