Saturday, September 8, 2007

From Amanda



I hope people understand what a wonderful help Lois Lodge is to moms experiencing an unplanned pregnancy. For people like I was. 16 and pregnant!!!! I was in such a position and I just didn't know what to do. I came to Lois Lodge when I was 4 months pregnant. I left on a bad note, but when I needed help I realized that Lois Lodge and the staff were truly there for me from the start. I still go to Debbie for advise and guidance to this day.(love ya deb). Today I am 17 (soon to be 18), and a proud parent to my 7 month old daughter. She has been such a wonderful, but tiring bundle of joy. I'll admit that sometimes I wonder what her life would have been like if I would have placed her for adoption, but when I made the decision to parent her I made that commitment for life. I am a BIG supporter of adoption. I am a adoptee, and I am very happy with the family that my birthmother had chosen to place me with. I know I have made many mistakes in my life, but my daughter is not one of them. She was just unplanned. I'm sure people think i am just rambling on, but i really do want people to know what Lois Lodge is really about.
(Amanda plans to move into our aftercare program with her sweet little girl when she turns 18).

No comments: